Copywriter & Translator
Ph: 0402 785 124
Trinh Le is a Melbourne-based digital copywriter with a wide background in advertising, journalism and broadcasting. Clear, concise and compelling copy is his mantra, and he’s interested in helping you communicate with your target audience through various means of storytelling.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of copywriting experience with focus on digital marketing;
- Journalism skills, able to write in both inverted pyramid and feature styles;
- Successfully organized Sky Lantern Charity 2010 and several other projects;
- Fluency in both English and Vietnamese.
Freelance Copywriter, Spotzer Media Group
2015 to present
- Create website contents for small and medium businesses in Australia & NZ;
- Create SEO and metadata descriptions for promoted keywords.
Copywriter, OgilvyOne Vietnam
2012 to 2014
- Initiated concepts & execution ideas for various digital & advertising campaigns;
- Created website contents for Nestle MILO, Friesland Campina & ACB Bank;
- Managed & developed Facebook contents for Coca-Cola, Unilever & Diageo.
- Won several pitches, including Coca-Cola Tet 2015 and ACB Bank;
- Finalist of Vietnam Young Spikes Competition 2014.
Account Executive (Internship), CHOO Communications
- Managed the account’s contacts, budget & timeline;
- Briefed the creative team & attended brainstorming sessions.
Freelance Writer/ Translator
2009 to present
- Co-translated the book Do Less Work, Make More Money by Leon Jay;
- Create PR articles & other articles on culture, lifestyle & travel.
Master of Publishing and Communications
The University of Melbourne, 2015 to present
- Subjects include: Writing for the Media, Editorial English, and Business Communications;
- Consistently achieved H2B grades and above.
Bachelor of English Linguistics and Literature (Honors)
Vietnam National University, 2008 to 2012
- GPA: 8.15/10
- Top 10% Graduate of English Faculty in 2012;
- Subjects include: Translation Strategies, Critical Thinking, and Business English.
- Graduate Thesis: Reading Walt Whitman From a Buddhist Perspective;
- Achieved faculty merit-based scholarships 4 years in a row.
Campus Reporter, University of Melbourne
- Write hard news articles on jobs and pathways for Farrago Magazine;
- Publish feature articles on student life, culture and travel.
Event Volunteer, Study Melbourne Info Day
- Promoted Study Melbourne Info Day to international students in Melbourne;
- Assisted stallholders and visitors in event day.
Project Leader, Sky Lantern Charity
- Created social awareness of the charity event;
- Successfully raised 5,000$ through auctions & donations.
Exchange Student, Work & Travel USA
Voluntary Tour Guide, Saigon Hotpot Club
2009 to 2012
- Copywriting, Social Media & Advertising;
- Creative Writing, Translating & Copyediting;
- Microsoft Office, basic photo- and video-editing;
- Fluent in Vietnamese & English, with strong focus on writing skills;
- Teamwork, time-management & group presentation.